Old September 21st 09, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Default Doug, was this you?

Doug wrote:
On 21 Sep, 08:34, "Brimstone" wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 20 Sep, 14:09, John Wright wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 19 Sep, 13:51, Judith M Smith wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 05:23:49 -0700 (PDT), BrianW

wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...andorder/62070...
Are you *sure* you are not obsessed with him?

What is it - a sexual attraction?

Blackhead is blinded by obsessive love turned sour. So much so in
his confused state he has targeted the wrong person! There must
be a sexual component there surely?

Anyway, back on topic, I have been posting elsewhere about
discrimination against disabled cyclists and this case clearly
illustrates my point. Cars and mobility scooters on pavements are
much more dangerous that bicycles but all we seem to hear about is
cycling on pavements.

Cars don't drive on pavements unless something is seriously amiss
or there is a legal arrangement in place for them to drive over the
pavement.

Cyclists and mobility scooters appear to do it as a matter of
course.

But the least dangerous are cyclists.

Wrong again Doug. The least dangerous traffic are pedestrians.
Everything else can cause harm to others.

A car could easily run over a
small child and kill them even at very slow speed.

And a bicycle can knock down and kill an adult. Your point?

Dangerous cars are allowed on some pavements where disabled cyclists
are not.

What has cars being allowed got to do with bicycles not being?

I never cease to be amazed that motorists have been allowed to
street garage their cars 24/7 on public roads, often for free, but
allowing them legally on pavements is the giddy limit!

Places where they are legally allowed on the pavement are remarkably
few in the UK. I've never seen one.

There are plenty in London plus all the illegal ones too.

Which sounds like a good reason for not living in London.

You are
likely to find them where there are narrow, neighbourhood streets with
no front gardens or home garages.

You mean in the Catford slums?

It is obviously assumed by the government that everyone should have
the right to own a car regardless of the circumstances and harmful
impact on others and despite not having somewhere to keep one.

Where did you keep yours when you owned cars Doug?