Old May 11th 19, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Tim to enforce misuse of the horn

On 06/05/2019 23:27, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 8:39:57 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

There is a simple answer: Do not get in other road users way, and
do not cut them up. Then there will be no hooting.

I went to the driving range this morning. It involves turning right
from a 4 lane single carriageway into a dirt track. I indicated in
plenty of time but oncoming traffic prevented an immediate turn.
Presumably you think that was my fault and I deserved to be 'hooted',
the 'driver' behind seemed to think so.

On one occasion I was being tailgated while doing 32 in a 30 limit. I
got hooted while making a left turn (*). You would have thought that
someone in a hurry would be pleased to have a clear piece of road to
catch up with the next vehicle.

(*) Must have been my fault that in a turn and irrespective of forward
speed, the velocity vectors change, so forcing a tailgater to come to a
near stop.