Old February 19th 05, 07:08 PM
skip

"Zach" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wasn't oil going for about $55/barrel a couple months ago? Whatever it
is the price is much too low and I hope it goes above $100/barrel to
pay for the real costs. Then maybe the excessive number of oversized,
overweight, single occupant vehicles will get off our roads so we have
more space for more benign forms of transportation such as riding
recumbents.

Zach

Zach:

I agree the price of oil is low based on historic prices adjusted for
inflation. And that it would be nice to have more room on the roads. But
I'm thinking were better be careful what we are wish for. Industrialized
nations have an oil based economy and doubling that cost could wreak havoc
on the global economy. With globalization everything is now connected in
some way. Doubling the price of oil would do a lot more than just getting
some SUV's off the road.

I'm guessing your business needs a good economy to survive - and when I say
a good economy I'm talking about a normal expansion - recession business
cycle. In a truly depressed economy I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be much
of a market for bicycles in the $1,000 to $5,000 range. I should think
those dealers in the high end of the bike market would be ill equipped to
compete those in the much larger scale low end of the market.

skip