Old October 11th 05, 01:14 AM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

Default Bikee

What Me Worry? wrote:
I've been very happy with my RANS Rocket SWB/OSS recumbent (Short WheelBase,
Over-Seat Steering). You can find one for under $500 on Ebay (also check
Bent Rider Online). It's a fun, practical, versatile, relatively quick, and
"sporty" recumbent. However, the short wheelbase is a bit twitchy. Some
would say too twitchy. For me, it's manageable; but I've wondered about
getting a Long WheelBase (LWB) bike. They handle completely differently....\

I will have to disagree about the RANS Rocket being "twitchy". Twitchy
implies difficult to control due to a lack of dynamic [1] directional
stability and/or non-linear control response. While the RANS Rocket has
highly responsive steering and requires low control forces, it does not
suffer from the aforementioned faults.

[1] All single-track vehicles are of course statically unstable.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
Hominid - The Other White Meat!