Old September 3rd 14, 06:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Garrison Hilliard

Default Cincinnati ranks in the top 50 for bike friendly cities

Cincinnati ranks in the top 50 for bike friendly cities

CINCINNATI -- A nation publication geared toward cyclists took note of
Cincinnati's bike friendly moves in recent years.

Cincinnati was ranked 35th out of 50 cities for "best bike city" in
the United States by Bicycling Magazine.

“There are many unspectacular but important things a city can do to
gain our consideration for this list," the magazine article states.
"Maybe you've heard of them, or maybe—given the pace of change these
days—you've already begun to enjoy them - segregated bike lanes,
municipal bike racks and bike boulevards, to name a few. If you have
those things in your town, cyclists probably have the ear of the local
government—another key factor. To make our Top 50, a city must also
support a vibrant and diverse bike culture. It must have smart, savvy
bike shops.”

For the Queen City, the listing notes the promotion and adoption of
the 2010 bicycle program, the first Ohio city to install protected
bike paths, and then September's roll out of the state's second bike
sharing program with Cincy Red Bike.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...riendly-cities