Old June 14th 19, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Protecting yourself

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 10:22:42 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 5:40:21 PM UTC-7, AK wrote:
On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 6:21:07 AM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 3:41:35 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I dont take my phone when riding unless i am going somewhere new and might not find the place. I dont always want to be "connected to the world." I try to ride in my neighborhood where it is pretty quiet. I live about 1/4 mile from a lake.
There are usually a few cigarette boats putting out 100 decibels. Unless they are wearing ear protection, they must have a hearing aid in their future. :-)

If I don't want to be "connected" I just turn the phone off but I still have it with me in case of emergency.

Cheers

That's an idea. But for me it adds weight.

Andy

I don't have to worry about turning it off since in my back pocket I can't hear it.

My bike phone, an Apple 4S, doesn't ring because nobody has the number except my family, who don't make idle phone calls, and my closest cycling buddies, who call if they're going to be late to the meeting place but for all other purposes call my other numbers or write to me.

Andre Jute
Cycling is my quiet time