Old January 30th 20, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Assembly of Di2

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 10:49:56 PM UTC-8, Tosspot wrote:
On 30/01/2020 00:36, Tom Kunich wrote:
Jay, an LED requires 1.5 volts bias or so to turn on. This is why I
was saying to you to not try to be an EE. You can easily discharge
the battery to below the bias simply by leaving everything on. At
$100 for a battery I sure hope this bad battery charger didn't ruin
the battery.

I'm pretty sure the Di2 contains a couple of 14430s, at about 10USB.
I'd have also thought an LED would start conducting around the 0.7V
mark. Ok, not very bright. Btw, I'm not an EE either.

There is a difference between forward bias voltage of a transistor or common diode and an LED:

Forward-bias is when the anode (the pointy part of the symbol) is positive and the cathode (the bar) is negative. Reverse-bias is when the anode is negative and the cathode is positive. ... Typically, the forward voltage of an LED is about 1.8–3.3 volts; it varies by the color of the LED. A red LED typically drops 1.8 volts, but voltage drop normally rises as the light frequency increases, so a blue LED may drop around 3.3 volts.