Old February 5th 05, 07:17 AM
Tom Sherman

116 wrote:

I'm replacing my rear 26/559 rim and would like your relevant
comments pro/con on rims and spokes. I'm heavy and go long
distances so would need something durable and then second
to that would be performance considerations.

The most important thing is to get a wheel with adequate spoke tension,
no spoke windup, high quality spokes, nipples, and hub and stress-relief
[1].

Any of the Velocity and Sun rims intended for mountain bike use should
work just fine when the above criteria are met.

[1] The last is somewhat controversial in its mechanism and effect. It
MAY be important, and is certainly not harmful.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth