Old August 2nd 11, 06:58 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Jul 29, 5:57*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Jul 28, 2:33 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

The purpose of a newsgroup only exists in theory. It does not exist in
fact.
The purpose of a newsgroup does exist in fact, *It is just that trolls

like you invest a newsgroup, make it their cyber-playpen and are even so
bold as to erroneously state that fun and games is the sole purpose
of a newsgroup. *Sound familiar?

I remember how Ed Gin and you managed to sidetrack completely the purpose of
ARBR.

You didn't answer my question. Furthermore, Ed Gin has nothing to do
with this issue. You still have your hangups about the guy, but I'll
not journey down that road with you agian having done so too many
times already. Your obsession is your deamon to wrestle with and I
can't help p you there.

In order for a newsgroup to stay on topic you would have to have a
moderator. Without a moderator newsgroups wander off topic and end in
personal insults.
Well a moderator would at least corral the likes of your ilk. *That's

a given

A moderator would never have permitted your feud with Ed Gin to take place
on ARBR.

A moderator would never have permitted your feud with Tom Sherman.

My Greatness is that I am a better ass kicker than most.
So you say. *Even if this were true, and that is up for debate, you

take pride in that which in the greater scheme of things means so very
little, really.

Usenet is for fun and games only.

.... in you jaded, errant opinion often cited and never convincing not
matter ho many times masticated and regurgitated.

Even Tom Sherman has come to that
conclusion.

Putting word in Tom's mouth now are you?

If you are not here for your own personal amusement, then you
know next to nothing about human nature.

If you are hear only for you own earsonal amusement, you are
egocentric, self-indulgent, and know next to nothing about the true
purpose of a newsgroup.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka