Old August 2nd 11, 07:55 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jul 29, 5:46 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Lots of other factors contribute to poor health besides what foods we eat.

Attempted diversion duly noted. Yes, other factors also contribute to

poor health but that does not contradict the point that my statement
made ... that the food that we eat contributes to good or bad health
and when bad, inflates health care costs, I might add that your
beloved governmental powers that be, including your beloved FDA do not
ensure the safety of the food that you consume. Allow me to just
touch briefly on just chickens and eggs for example...

Blah, blah, blah ...
[...]

I never ate any chicken or eggs hardly in my life and yet I got prostate
cancer. As to how much it will effect progression and/or recurrence of the
disease, hard to say ... isn't it? If I liked chicken or eggs I would eat
them and say to hell with the cancer.

A primary care doctor will determine what is routine and what is not
routine, not the patient.

WRONG again! A patient needs to assume a role in his or her health

care. A PSA test is considered fairly routine In the US and certain
other Western countries In the UK, neither the patient nor the doctor
determine what is "routine". The socialized medicine bureaucracy
makes that determination Do you every take the time and/or make the
effort to familiarize yourself with the facts before seizing the
opportunity to run your mouth and embarrass yourself in a public
forum? Stating something as fact when such statement contradicts the
fact is ludicrous, but you do so like play the role of clown.

The primary care doctor will follow whatever the medical bureaucracy has
determined to be routine. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Your problem is that you assume that you know more than everyone else based
on a few months reading of questionable literature. Fools rush in where
angels fear to tread. Also, a little learning is a dangerous thing. Or did I
already say that once or twice before.
[...]

But the problem is that even garden
variety health care is expensive. It need not be as is proven by the VA
health care system.

The VA health care system is a government run taxpayer subsidized

heathcare system. It may appear inexpensive to your the veteran, but
in reality it is not.

It was also paid for by my years serving in the military at slave wages.
Even so, it is relatively inexpensive compared to all other systems of
health care delivery.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka