Old October 26th 03, 04:00 AM
Dan Daniel

Default another cyclist dies.

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:24:12 GMT, Steve Knight
wrote:

well this guy was going the wrong way it looks like. don't know about a
helmet.
http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=61858

Wrong way??

"Police said the bus and the cyclist were traveling eastbound on
Halsey when the bus struck the cyclist.

Witnesses told KATU the bus crossed the bike lane to stop at the bus
stop east of the accident when it stuck the cyclist that was riding in
a bike lane from behind.

However Tri-Met officials said the cyclist avoided an automobile and
veered into the bus' path.

The front right headlight of the bus was damaged from the accident."

Reads to me as if the bicyclist was rear ended, the bus coming from
behind as they both traveled in the same direction.

The one type of collision that I pretend will never happen because if
I really thought that it could happen, I would be paralyzed each time
a car passed.