Old July 16th 19, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 12:25:53 +0700, John B.
wrote:
Since that rainy morning I carry spare tubes and CO2 cartridges.
And, I used to also carry a pump. But I gave that up after a couple of
years with no punctures at all :-)

That's because your spare tubes and CO2 cartridges act as a talisman
to ward way evil spirits and bad luck. As long as you carry those
spares, you will not have any flat tires. However, should you forget
and ride without them for even one day, you will surely get a flat
tire on that day.

I have two spare tubes and two CO2 cartridges on each bike and (knock
on wood) I haven't , so far, needed the second tube.

My problem is that everything I own leaks. My car radiator leaks, my
A/C coolant leaks, my garbage dolly tires leak, my house plumbing
leaks, all my water bottles drip, etc. Of course, my bicycle inner
tubes also leak. While CO2 is quite practical for refilling empty
tubes after a puncture patch, it's totally useless for dealing with
leaky inner tubes, where "topping off" with a hand or floor pump is
far more practical. Therefore, I do not own a CO2 inflator and only
carry whichever hand pump best color matches my current choice of ride
and atti
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/misc/slides/bicycle-pumps.html
The situation is unlikely to change because I have a supply of genuine
leaky Nashbar inner tubes. I'll probably never need a CO2 inflator
because it's difficult to get a flat on a partially inflated leaky
tube.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D