Old September 16th 05, 11:09 PM
Nick Kew

Default BBC - Cyclist Chased & Hit by Police car

D.M. Procida wrote:

The police are a bunch of ****ing *******s, except I'm probably never
going to have the misfortune of having this brought home to me
personally, because I'm not white, middle-class, educated and
articulate, not a black teenager (or an electrician).

Our powers-that-be can be nasty even to middle-class whites, if they
think you're a bit foreign. It's happened to non-english (though
100% white) members of my family. It happened to me when I entered
England on a ferry from France driving an Italian-registered car.

But at least when the police do Bad Things (which I don't think is
all that common), they're pretty open about it. Not like the horror
of bureaucracy, let alone the sheer robbery of an institutionally
corrupt legal system.

--
Not me guv