Old August 27th 08, 04:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Default Schwalbe Marathon Plus Failure

Quoting Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk:
David Damerell considered 26 Aug
Quoting :
On Aug 22, 9:03 am, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
1) carry an old toothpaste tube in the repair kit, with the ends cut
off to save space.
I've mentioned it before, but a section of a tyvek envelope sounds
more suitable than a toothpaste tube,

A chunk of dead tyre with the beads cut off works fine, too.

Just how would that hold the tyre to the bead wires?

Oh, fair point. Thought it was the usual boot discussion. Of course I have
duct tape on serious touring, but that does preclude using the relevant
brake...
--
David Damerell Kill the tomato!
Today is First Friday, August.