Old April 13th 08, 10:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default Is there any bike related postings here anymore?

In article ,
(Tom Keats) writes:

I also bought a Matisse Quickstand:
http://tinyurl.com/6qpfrt

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6qpfrt

URL in full:
{http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444261 81\49&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302694071}

It's basically just a display stand with a
little adjustablility, but I think I'll be able
to make good use of it. I like the simplicity
and compactness of it. One can kick it under
one's workbench and out of the way when it's
not in use.

It's another of those assemble-it-yourself thingies
and it didn't come with enough washers, so I've been
perfunctorily & half-heartedly rootin' through my
parts drawers, looking for do-fers. I'm not disheartened;
I just don't feel like assembling stuff right now.
Screw it, I'll just buy some washers from a hardware
store/home improvement shop tomorrow. Another excuse
for a ride, eh?

Okay, I put it together, and y'know what?
The bracket and hook that support the stays
protrude into the spokes of the rear wheel.

Maybe a few hammer blows would fix it -- one
way or another. Better to just return it and
get my money back. What a badly designed POS.
I very much prefer a good ol', plain ol'
display stand.

Caveat emptor!

Pesach again, eh? I hope I won't have
to visit family. Except for my favourite
living Aunt, who's celebrating her 88th
birthday today. She doesn't observe, either.

She lives right on the Kerrisdale portion
of our Midtown/Ridgeway bike route, as
I almost do in the South Vancouver portion.
I could pretty much bee-line to there.

I should concoct a steak & kidney pie
and ride with it straight over to her.
It'd still be warm when I get there.

sigh Working all week and only having time
to do personal stuff on weekends really sux.
'Specially on afternoon shift.

Oh, well. Life goes on, eh?

cheers,
Tom