Old December 15th 16, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default 3 feet in 50 years?!?

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 13:38:14 -0800 (PST), Doug Landau
wrote:
Jennifer Wadsworth writes, in the local cheesy papers:

Experts predict that the bay waters will ascend another 3 feet by
2050.

http://www.sanjoseinside.com/2016/12...a-local-issue/

3 feet?!? Current rate is 3mm/0.14", which w/o acceleration == 7" in
50 yrs.

Who is saying 3 feet in 50 yrs? And what do -we- think?

"We" probably don't think anything. You probably think one thing and I
probably think something else. I haven't bothered to look at the
article you reference- doesn't the author cite the source of the
information? Competent journalism about science provides reference to
the source material.