Old December 15th 16, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 3 feet in 50 years?!?

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 1:38:16 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
Jennifer Wadsworth writes, in the local cheesy papers:

Experts predict that the bay waters will ascend another 3 feet by 2050.

http://www.sanjoseinside.com/2016/12...a-local-issue/

3 feet?!? Current rate is 3mm/0.14", which w/o acceleration == 7" in 50 yrs.

Who is saying 3 feet in 50 yrs? And what do -we- think?

This is the loony tunes environmentalism of today. In the last six days they delayed an incoming storm by three days and we're being told what is going to happen in 50 years. We are near the end of this present warm period and I expect it to start going back down to cooler weather pretty quick.