Old November 29th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default Best Way To Carry Pepper Spray ?

Jim ? wrote:
I'll bet that if you STOP pedaling, point your finger at the dog and
scream NO as loudly as you can, it'll have the same effect as the
pepper spray would.

Failing that you could shoot the owner, kidnap the dog and take it
home with you. Then, when you go for a ride, Fido will be safe and
comfortable, snoozing in your house.

Let me know how this works out. :-)

Lewis.

*****

I'll be out again today, so who knows.... maybe there will be another
story to tell

Seriously tho, there seems a trend here ( rural Ohio ) for people to
keep meaner and meaner dogs, and not have them chained all the time. We
do have a leash law here, for what that's worth. I guess it's something,
in that if I do spray, or shoot, a dog that's latched on my foot, there
is the legal point that it shouldn't have been in the road.

My wife witnessed a neighbor lady get nastily mauled by a dog this
summer. In that case I went out, and like you say, sorta stared the dog
down. It circled and snarled, but didn't come after me as long as I
stayed looking at it. That ended with the police taking the dog and
having it put down. It had attacked someone once before.[...]

Substitute "owner" for "dog" and the outcome would have been better.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.