Old July 10th 19, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Bicycling specific clothing = why not?

Some here disparage everyone who dons any bicycling specific clothing. I don't get why they do that disparaging.

I wear regular clothing a lot of times if I'm going short distance and/or running errands. However for my longer rides I wear bicycling shorts and a jersey. The jersey pockets are used a lot to hold things like a spare bottle of water in t he middle pocket, my wallet in an outside pocket and often my Canon PowerShot SX120 IS camera in the right outside pocket. With those pockets everything I'd want on the ride is easily to hand and the jersey doesn't flap around like a lot of clothing does. The shorts are just plain comfortable on long rides and the chamois is a real blessing to have.

If a person chooses NOT to wear bicycling specific clothing then that's their choice but they shouldn't disparage those who do wear bicycling specific clothing.

Some say that many bicyclists who wear Lycra and/or bicycling jerseys are snobs. Well, some who DON'T wear bicycling specific clothing are just as snobbish in their own way as they t ake verbal potshots at those who do wear Lycra.

Ride what you like and wear what you like but you shouldn't put others down just because their choices don't match yours.

Cheers