Old July 11th 19, 07:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Bicycling specific clothing = why not?

On 11/7/19 2:54 pm, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 15:01:05 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

But what seems weird to
me is the idea of never riding a bike without first changing clothes. And I do
know people who are that way.

I never ride my real bike without first changing clothing.
(I've jumped onto my flatfoot in my grubbies at least twice,
but I usually put on an ankle-length dress before riding it.)

I also change clothes before walking or riding in a car.

I have been known to ride to the shops without getting changed in to
different clothing, but that was while I was living close to shops. It
is now a 10km ride over a few hills including 2km at 7%, just to get to
the shops. Repeat to get home.

Last time I took the bike shopping, I brought a 20kg bag of grain home
in the bike trailer, for the chickens. Of course that was doable in
everyday clothes, but it was more comfortable in cycling specific clothing.

(In most of Australia it is a legal requirement to wear a helmet. That
in itself could be said to be a change to what you're wearing.)

--
JS