Old December 31st 04, 05:55 AM

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:10:47 -0600, Jeff Starr
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:07:28 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
In any case, as I understand it, the only real value of
cleats is for extraordinary climbs and perhaps very brief
sprints, where the extra maximum effort made possible by
using both legs at once helps. Otherwise, your heart and
lungs fail you before your legs do.

Perhaps someone will explain other advantages. There must be
some, since most riders use cleats.

Carl, didn't we explain, why those of us who use clipless, like them
and why, a long time ago?
I seem to remember telling you why I liked them. I know this topic has
been covered, more than once.

Why don't you get a cheap set and try them out.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Dear Jeff,

You may have explained what you like about them, but I don't
recall the thread--and your present explanation is somewhat
vague.

Why do you like them?

Curiously,

Carl Fogel