Old June 16th 19, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Scraping the notes

Here's a note scraped in a more-timely fashion.

Yesterday I rode an honest quarter century, and with some modest hills
(Though I went around hills whenever possible). Before heading out
into the country, I spent a couple of hours walking around in Meijer,
and just before *that*, I took a quick lap around the Goodwill store
(charity second-hand shop).

Something yellow caught my eye on the men's shirts rack, and I found
an honest-to-goodness oval-cut jersey! Too transparent, and made
entirely of plastic, not to mention that oval cut is really silly for
someone who actually *uses* the pockets, so I wasn't tempted to try it
on.

I wonder how many of the people who see it have a clue as to what it
is?

I also wonder whether "oval cut" is still the trade term for making a
jersey longer in the back for coverage when you get down on the drops?
Oval cut makes a lot of sense for track jerseys, but I carry up to a
pound of coins in my wallet, so my jerseys are cut *shorter* in back
than in front. Well, not cut; I put darts across the back. Except
for the woven jersies, which have a drawstring around the waist. I'm
thinking of retrofitting the knit-fabric jerseys with belt casings and
taking out a dart or two.

I tried belt loops on the older of the cotton jerseys, and they work,
but a casing across the back would work better.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net