Old July 15th 19, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 12:57:12 +0100, Tom Evans
wrote:

On 15/07/2019 08:12, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:42:12 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Framefit pumps still work, quickly, zefal hpx, just because worse
solutions have been invented doesn't mean you have to switch to them.

True. Many pumps "will work" but try it and than try a CO2 filler :-)

But "horrendous misuse of resources"... like every can of soft drinks
like Coke, 7-up and Pepsi?

Besides, one source of CO2 is oil and gas wells. CO2 is just one of
the various gasses that contaminate crude oil, or gas, and has to be
gotten rid of. I built a gas processing plant in Central Java where
the main problem was that the gas in that field was contaminated with
a substantial amount of CO2. In most cases the CO2 is simply separated
and than simply released into the atmosphere but a German company
built a CO2 purifying plant next to the gas plant and bought every
cu.ft. of CO2 we could produce. Mainly for the soft drink market but a
substantial amount was used to make "dry ice" for shipping raw fish.
--
cheers,

John B.