Old November 11th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling

Default home made power-grips

On Nov 11, 8:41*am, "Keiron \(number6\)"
wrote:
Hello All,

I'm looking to make some power-grip straps for my pedals. Can anyone give me
insight to the composition of the strap material?

I'm thinking that an old car seatbelt (doubled over) may be comparable. Any
other ideas?

Keiron

Any decent sporting goods store should sell nylon webbing in various
widths (and colors) by the foot. Try army surplus stores and hardware
stores as well.

They should also have the hardware to attach them to other items. You
want to keep an eye out for something that is triangular shape,
with a slot near one side for the webbing to loop through, and a hole
in the opposite point for a bolt.

Use a flame (well ventilated) to prevent the end from unravelling.
Loop it through the hardware, then sew is in an x-inside-a-square
shape with a strong needle and good thread.

Should be strong.

Haven't made powergrips like this yet, but I've made a harness before
with the same technique, and it was very durable.