Old September 9th 03, 02:16 AM
jim h

Default Go clipless! Normal chain noise?

If you think about how you sit on a DF you'll realize your body is
positioned between drive train and your ears, thus blocking a lot of the
nose. And the sources of noise are further from your ears.

"fblum" wrote in message
As a newbie with a month old Bacchetta Giro I was rather unimpressed
with my bike until I put on clipless (eggbeaters) pedals- wow! Feet no
longer going numb or falling off the pedals-starting much easier, a lot
more muscles working. Had a delightful 15 mile trial run. My advice is
if you are used to clipless on your DF bike you need 'em on your bent as
well. By the way- the eggbeaters seem better than my Shimano SPD for
ease of release. I do notice much more chain noise (chatter?)from the
front than I am used to on my DF bike. My thinking is it has to do with
the slight angle of the chain as it seats onto the chainring, especially
under tension. Thoughts?