Old May 11th 18, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Dynamo/LED power conditioning

On 2018-05-10 06:28, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I just don't think all those devices are necessary. Joerg talks with
horror
about his near misses, and about hearing from friends who heard from
friends
about other friends who nearly died.

The usual nonsense because you don't read carefully. These were
friends. People I hung out with all the time. And yes, they were hit
by cars while cycling. Then there is the wife of a guy I regularly met
on our dog walks. She was on a road bike and run over (literally) by a
large pickup truck. It took years of medical attention and special
training before she could even sit on a road bike again.

Joerg, in one of your past horror story rants, you talked about all the
cyclists killed "around here." I asked for links and got one article
talking about a cyclist killed something like 50 miles away from you.

Wrong again. I quoted numerous reports from the Sacramento Bee about
cyclist deaths. All from the Sacramento region, Rancho Cordova and so
on. It might surprise you but there are actually people from here who
ride down there. I did yesterday. Some people do not just use their
bicycles to go to the next grocery store.

Folsom has only rare accident reports because drum roll they have a
great bike path system. No cars, no being hit by cars. Simple.

Cycling deaths are well recorded and documented, yet you couldn't
provide evidence of your local killing fields.

Wrong. I did. You just didn't seem to pay attention.

... I strongly suspect the
same is true of the terrible number of near-deaths among cyclists you
know. Or for that matter, of the mountain lion attacks barely avoided,
the bike frames reduced to shrapnel by tire blowouts, the rides survived
only by use of glaring lights...

Believe what you want. I don't care.

I do believe you drink a hell of a lot of beer, though. So manly!

Got to run, have to bottle an IPA (no kidding).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/