Old July 17th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default bikes are too fast for sidewalks, and too slow for traffic lanes

[rec.bicycle.rides snipped]

KingOfTheChickens wrote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ratliff
"I don't usually ride on the sidewalk because I like to ride faster
than 5mph. End of story."

This kid has a concern for pedestrians...

"If you're over 13 years old it is illegal to ride a bike on the
sidewalk, plus cyclists are being curtious to walkers and joggers but
most importantly road bikes are simply too fast for the sidewalk, a
crack or uneven section could be devastating. You just have to have
some patience and learn to pass with out nearly killing everyone."

But the fact of the matter is that bikes are too fast for sidewalks,
and too slow for the traffic lanes. In other words, THERE'S NO PLACE
FOR BIKES (unless you are going super slow or super fast).

Is this guy truly (and unreasonably) terrified of vehicles, or just an
anti-cycling troll?

"People who had no mercy will find none." - Anon.