Old November 7th 18, 11:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Preserving en-route repair material

On 11/7/2018 2:12 PM, Duane wrote:
On 07/11/2018 8:08 AM, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Hello all,

As probably many of you, I keep essential repair tools and material in a
small bag under my saddle, that is: a folding screwdriver, a spare inner
tube, tire levers, patches, sandpaper and glue. And disposable plastic
gloves!

Anyway, I have an issue with preserving the spare inner tube and the
glue over time. I noticed the tube gets punctured, apparently by
abrasion, and the glue slowly evaporates, like its tube is not really
airtight.

I read somewhere that I could protect the tube by keeping it tightly
wrapped into an old sock, which I will try, but would you have any
advice regarding the glue?

Cheers,

I keep my tubes in a baggie. Not sure what you can do for glue.

I second the baggie idea. I don't use ordinary sandwich bags. Instead, I
use thicker polyethylene bags that I've saved from commercial packaging.

--
- Frank Krygowski