Old December 29th 04, 12:13 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

Learning toward one or the other for buying a new dept store bicycle. I
know what to look for when it comes to assembling them. The bike is going
to be used as a commuter. The Huffy's are about 30 dollars cheaper and
both have Shamino gears. Just curious if I should spend the 30 bucks more
for a Schwinn or not. If you are going to reply that I should buy from an
LBS, save your bandwidth.

So which would you recommend?

Bandwith is cheap, sorry. Look for a decent used bike. You could probably
find one for nearly free at a garage sale or thrift shop that would be far
better than the Huffy or Schwinn from a department store. If you have the
skills to properly assemble a bike, you can probably easily deal with a used
bike, and recognize a real gem that's there for the taking.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
IMBA, BikesBelong, NBDA member