Old March 20th 17, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default More About Lights

On 2017-03-19 15:01, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 10:29:45 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Somewhere in my mess is a Windoze program that takes this data and
provide both graphical and tabular accuracy statistics. I used to use
it when we had to deal with selective availability. It's kinda neat.
You park yourself in a highly reflective location (bottom of a rock
canyon) and record about 30 mins of position data. Position
excursions on the display are obvious. I use it for averaging
readings over a long period in order to obtain better accuracy.

Foundit.

Visual GPS:
http://www.visualgps.net/#visualgps-content
It's free and old but works nicely.

Visual GPS XP works somewhat better, but costs $10:
http://www.visualgps.net/#visualgpsxp-content

New, improved, and free is Visual GPS View:
http://www.visualgps.net/#visualgpsview-content

All these will graphically show any radical excursions in position.

I have several battery powered, BlueGoof GPS receivers. They're quite
convenient for testing with VisualGPS. However, I prefer to use an
RS232 data logger, which works on any GPS. After collecting data for
maybe 30 minutes, I dump the output into the Visual GPS program and
inspect the resulting mess.

Nice, but its kind of tough to schlepp all this along on an MTB through
dirt and stuff.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/