Old April 5th 07, 12:20 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default stem-mounted lights?

On Apr 3, 6:11 am, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on 2 Apr 2007 03:17:44 -0700

wrote:

thanks for the advice everyone! The terracycle mount is absolutely
perfect for what I need - several photos on the site of lights being
mounted on the forward boom, as I need to do. I probably will get one
of those beauties. BTW the cruzbike is going great! I love it --
never thought I'd be able to afford a recumbent, until I found the
$500 conversion kit. The pedal-steer effect was a bit annoying at
first, but I've adapted so that now I don't even notice it.

How easy was it to make?

I'm an inexperienced bike tinkerer, so it took me a few days to figure
it all out. But the yahoo Cruzbike group provided some great advice
when I got stuck - it was all pretty simple, actually.

What donor bike did you use?

I used a KHS soft-tail mtb. The main thing is find a donor with a
fairly low top-tube, to avoid the rear-end flying up on application of
front brakes (and this hasn't been any problem for me at all).

There was a slow & wobbly learning period, while I was getting used to
this new way of balancing, and of the intermingling of propulsion and
steering. That was a bit offputting, but I'm doing really well now
though -- I absolutely love going bent!

Definitely the best $500 I could have ever spent on my bike.

I've been wondering about one of those, I've seen one around Sydney
but didn't get a chance to talk to the rider.

Zebee