Old September 22nd 04, 04:45 AM
Mark Jones

"Frank Krygowski" wrote in message
If more drivers thought like Mark, traffic calming measures like speed
humps would be much less necessary. And I think all of us would prefer
that.

I have to back out of my driveway, so I know what it is like
for everyone else. If people want to drive their high performance
cars fast, they can take them to the race track. That is what
I used to do, and now I have the need to go fast out of my system.

I get a lot of people following me real close because I drive
at or below the speed limit on city streets. No point in driving
fast, the traffic lights are the deciding factor in how long it
takes to get across town on city streets.

Traffic enforcement set up across from my house this spring
and I thanked the policeman for trying to get people to slow
down. Speeding in residential areas should carry a mandatory
fine(no warnings) and some driving instruction. There are just
too many little kids on bicycles who can barely ride them.
Try explaining to someone that you just ran over their little kid.