Old February 20th 05, 03:06 AM
Mark Leuck

"Zach" wrote in message
oups.com...
Then again that is assuming you can buy that recumbent by then

I fail to understand the logic of people who wish the worst on

everyone else
so they can have more what they happen to like doing

In case you haven't noticed the world is going to hell due to overuse
of resources and the large number of people driving single occupant,
inefficient vehicles burning up petrol as if it were water has got to
stop if life on earth is to survive.

That is your opinion, if it weren't for oil you wouldn't have even a
fraction of what you now have including your recumbent, Oil is used in the
production and transportation of your bike as well as just about everything
else you currently use

And the earth will survive just fine long after we puny humans are gone no
matter what we do

Anything that can be done to
discourage destroying the environment through driving and excessive
resource use is a worthy cause in my book. I'm willing to suffer
reduced convenience to help save the world but many aren't and won't
start conserving resources and reducing their pollution output until it
becomes too expensive for them to drive.

You go ahead and suffer but I see no reason why I need to just so you can
have a better time on your bike

This is the beginning of the
peak oil age and things are going to get a lot worse before they get
better.

We'll wait and see, I have a strong feeling it won't happen quite the way
you appear to want

Hopefully humanity can correct itself before it is too late and
the mass die off occurs.

It always does

It is already starting to happen. Look at what
is going on with global warming and how many people are dying in wars
these days.

Zach

People have been dying for something for centries, before oil it was land,
before that it was religion in fact these days it's religion over oil, and
I've heard the "this is the peak oil age" back in the 70's when it was
projected oil would run out in 20 years, didn't wash then and it doesn't
now.