Old July 14th 05, 01:50 PM
Jay Furr

Default Wrong Side Of The Road

"WiNK" wrote in
:

What exactly is "the wrong side of the road?" Do you remember (and
maybe I'm remembering incorrectly) being taught as kids (way back--not
in the 80s, you punks) to bicycle so that cars are facing you? I
could swear this was the original plan..... Now the rule is that
cyclists follow the same rules as cars.

In most states in which I've bothered to check the laws, bicycles = cars
insofar as rules of the road are concerned. They shouldn't be up on the
sidewalk and they shouldn't be riding facing oncoming traffic.

--
"I wish people who had trouble communicating would just shut up."
-- Tom Lehrer

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jayfurr/