Old July 14th 05, 10:03 PM
Mitch Haley

Default Wrong Side Of The Road

wrote:

But it's clear the laws were not well known. And yes, any
good-intentioned but ignorant group can put on a Bike Rodeo and tell
the kids all sorts of nonsense. So there have always been kids - and
adults - who just don't know.

In 1973, I can remember the equipment check for a bike rodeo including
a requirement that the back brake be able to lock the wheel, and the
front brake, if so equipped, also be demonstrated to lock the wheel. (ouch)

This is the most unusual cross-posting I've seen in rec.bikes in some time.
College football? Did somebody almost have a head-on with a giant college kid?
Last time I was on a major college campus, the riders were less predictable
than the average 10 year old.