Old June 19th 17, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Rock n Roll

On 2017-06-18 18:05, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/18/2017 12:54 PM, Joerg wrote:

The actual lube job took less than a minute.

Wow. If your Q-tip procedure takes less than a minute, you're dabbing
with that Q-tip about twice every second, including time to re-dip that
Q-tip in the chain lube.

Has it not occurred to you that the cotton ball at the end of a Q-Tip
can hold enough lube for several joints? Over-lubing a chain is not a
good thing but a mess.

You're fast, all right!

Look at a Q-Tip and then try to lube something with it. Maybe it'll sink
in. Maybe not.

I'll have to try that method since I have a lot of waste with one drop per link.

The stuff I use is so cheap, waste isn't a consideration.

--
JS