Old October 31st 17, 09:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 9:46:52 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
I can only say that the U.S. must be different. I've ridden in Japan,
Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand and have never, repeat
NEVER, had anyone threaten me, either by word or action.

You are so senile you are uninteresting as a target of malice, and not noticing the acts which threaten you that were not premeditated.

I also rode
in New Hampshire and Southern California, but that was a long time ago
and I can't be sure but I certainly don't remember any acts that were
threatening.

Well now -there- is some hard evidence!

Yet another indication of the change in the U.S. attitude toward law
and order. As I wrote before, in years gone by if a guy got caught
speeding he'd say something like, "Damn! I got caught. Got to go pay
the fine Monday." Now you get a tirade like "Jeeze Cri! I was only
doing 15 mph over the limit, and school was already out. Why is that
cop picking on me?"

Which guy? You're making stuff up. Is this some sort of creative writing? Or are you truly claiming to share the same attitude with everyone in the past, to such extent that you can speak for all?

In years gone by, if a guy got caught speeding, he'd hand the cop his license and a $20 bill folded behind it. The cop would hand back the license, and say have a good day.

You sound to me like Stirling Moss 40 years after he hit his head at 160. He said, with much emotion:
"But times have changed so!!! When I used to go down to Monaco, you know, after the race, on the podium, there'd be a girl with flowers, and she'd put flowers round your neck, and kiss you, and... and.. and... ...and this sort of thing just doesn't seem to HAPPEN anymore!"

I just got back from a 35 mile ride with about 2000 feet of climbing. For some reason my altimeter says 875 feet of climbing - wait, maybe it's set for meters - if it were reporting meters it would be almost 3,000 feet and that's what my legs feel like. I purposely did every climb north so that's more like it.

Anyway, on this ride with relatively light traffic I had a half dozen people turn left in front of me or pass me and turn right in each case requiring me to slam on the brakes. Even though there was no reason for them to do so. There wasn't a line of traffic that they were trying to beat or they didn't have cars behind them honking. I simply can't understand what the hell is going on with drivers.