Old June 22nd 10, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Odd flats

AMuzi wrote:
wrote:
: Bang! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
:
: Odd, no whoosh-whoosh-whoosh as the puncture spun around.
:
: And the prolonged hiss stopped as soon as I stopped.
:
: Well, a Slime tube can seal things like that.
:
: But the front tire feels fine. Maybe it's the back tire? No, both
: tires are fine.
:
: Hmmm . . . Flip bike upside-down, peer more closely at tires. Nope,
: both tires are fine.
:
: Idly spin rear tire--nothing.
:
: Idly spin front tire--HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
:
: A dry branch goes bang! when it breaks under the front tire.
:
: A dry leaf trapped just right between fork legs and the brake arms
: makes a really impressive hissing noise if the tire just barely rubs
: it.
:
: ***
:
: Foosh!
:
: No doubt about this puncture, flat as a pancake in an instant.
:
: A car ran over someone's purple sunglasses, leaving a sharp and
: hard-to-see lens fragment, which my front tire flipped up to greet my
: rear ti
: http://i48.tinypic.com/301h7ie.jpg
:
: Made me long for a simple goathead. Reminded why I carry tire boots
: and a rolled-up spare tire.
:
: Cheers,
:
: Carl Fogel

:We have a subtheme here known as "Object of the Day"

When I was fixing car tires for a living, a woman came in with a
7.62X39 cartridge in one of her tires. unfired.

--
But all of a sudden Igor Stravinsky shows up with bag of psilocybin
mushrooms and a chainsaw.... -- Jens