Old June 8th 19, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Protecting yourself

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 9:43:37 PM UTC-4, Radey Shouman wrote:

Cell-phone parking lots at airports seem like a really good reason to
call someone to say, "I just landed". They save a lot of parking fees
and time loafing around outside the security checkpoint.

I agree with that.

It's not that cell phones are never useful. But they are grossly over-used.

They're also seductive. Obviously, I rode for decades without one, because they
didn't exist. Then my wife had to get one for her work, in which she traveled
a lot.

When she and I both retired, she essentially gave it up, so I took it over. Now
it seems silly to do a bike ride without taking it along. And the few times it
does ring when I'm on a ride, it's very difficult to not answer it, or at least
check to see who's calling. :-/

But I do reject most of those calls. And I reject all of them while I'm driving.

- Frank Krygowski