Old June 10th 19, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Feeling strong

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 1:13:44 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 2:06:14 AM UTC-7, db wrote:
Some days, on my way to work, it all feels great, I zoom along,
the bike responds beautifully, I feel strong today, wow. Then
I realise, I've got a tail wind.

--
Dieter Britz

The wind was blowing so hard last Thursday that on a descent that I usually averaged about 22 I could barely hold 12. Now THAT makes you feel old and slow.

I hear you! I did a ride from Peterborough, Ontario to Toronto, Ontario one day on an MTB with full knobby tires when the wind was VERY strong out of the south. Even on t he hills and pedaling REALLY hard I could get up to about 10 kph. I thumbed a ride and a guy drove me the 20 kms to Whitby, Ontario. That guy's ride saved me 2 hours of hard slugging. Once I turned right towards Toronto it wasn't too bad.