Old June 15th 19, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Protecting yourself

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 13:50:00 +0700, John B.
wrote:

A recent news article stated that Chinese companies are considering
building re-cycling plants in the U.S.
https://resource-recycling.com/plast...cycling-plans/

It's been proposed that US manufacturing companies be responsible for
recycling their own products after their useful life has ended. That
won't work because too much of our consumables and durable goods are
imported and we're unlikely to be shipping garbage around the country
back to the where it was manufactured. Even of US factories, shipping
garbage around the country is too expensive. At best, this might
inspire a redesign of some products into something that could be more
easily recycled.

However, I'm wondering if these proposed Chinese owned recycling
plants are in anticipation of such a law being passed where the
Chinese do the processing (for a hefty fee).

Meanwhile, recycling in Mexico looks promising:
https://mxmarketintelligence.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/mexicos-plastics-recycling-industry/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D