Old June 16th 19, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Protecting yourself

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 5:42:45 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/13/2019 11:12 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 06:19:34 +0700, John B.
wrote:

However I note that as a result of the U.S. presidential ban on some
imports from China the Chinese have, in return, banned the shipment
of most types of plastic waste from the U.S. and Malaysia, Taiwan,
Thailand and Vietnam also are also placing bans on the import of
plastic waste from the U.S.

No sweat. We can ship it to Indianapolis.

It's a difficult problem:
https://www.thebalancesmb.com/recycl...te-pet-2877869

labor and energy inputs are high compared to new material.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I would have to think about that Andrew. I suspect the numbers you're looking at are the present costs of the bulk chemicals vs the recycling costs rather than the energy used to manufacture the bulk chemicals used in manufacturing PET.