Old May 9th 19, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default New bike advice

On 06/05/2019 18:53, JWM wrote:
A female friend of mine wants a new bike

Her current one is from Halfords and is their "own brand" although I
can't quite remember the name off the top of my head. She'll want
something similar ie a hybrid with a female frame but the main
criteria are it needs to be a good deal lighter and have disk
brakes.

If you're still here...

Avoid cable operated disk brakes as you would a dose of plague. V brakes
are much better.

(Halfords brand is Carrera).

Not being familiar with bikes at all I wondered if anyone has any
recommendations for something suitable - budget is around £500.

My bike has a toothed belt rather than a chain and it has a hub gear
- not wanting the belt for my friend but a hub gear might be good?

Thanks

Have you thought about an electric bike?