Old March 26th 19, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Lit Crit wanted

I'm back! While I was reading Usenet yesterday, agent.exe
mysteriously vanished from drive C *and* from the back-up folder on
drive E. Long story short, this morning I took a long shot and it put
Agent back on line.

I think I'll gibber the whole story in the Banner, then comment it
out.

Found it! This message disappeared even though I'd saved it. Finally
found the drafts folder -- which is now bereft of all the messages I
had been working on.

On Sun, 24 Mar 2019 21:50:14 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I think it's very good. My tiny suggestions are these:

In the fourth paragraph, I'd use "ensure" instead of "insure." Some
manuals accept both, but some people interpret "insure" as selling
insurance, or something like that.

"ensure" isn't in my dialect, so I changed it to "guarantee".

Near the bottom, I'd omit the "new paragraph" space between your
"symmetry" sentence and the following paragraph.

That puts it back where I started! Re-reading the interpreted
version, I shouldn't have added that paragraph tag. I was led astray
when reading the source code because I don't kill my darlings, I
comment them out.

Nice job!

Thank you for commenting.

Now to post it on alt.english.usage to see whether the naive read the
opposite of what I wrote, and then I can go live.

Urk. The spell checker is also AWOL. But both the program I write
the source code with and the program I send letters with have spell
checkers.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net