Old July 2nd 05, 07:14 PM
BigLoco

I didn't mean to take anything away from him...I alluded to wind before
Armstrong et al started...I was thinking it was odd to see the early
starters maintaining good positions...guys like bodrogi and wauters staying
so high in the placings...

Believe me, I was happy to see Zab take the victory.

"David Ferguson" wrote in message
Armstrong doesn't gain 6 seconds on a guy from check point one to
check point two and then lose 5 of them, and the win, without
something going on. Maybe he spent it all blowing by Ullrich. Maybe he
wanted another American to get a Yellow Jersey. Maybe he didn't want
to be put in the position of trying to wire to wire the race.

Winds, slipped pedal, increased humidity, blah blah...

It's doing a disservice to Zabriskie to indicate in any way that he
didn't earn or deserve this great win.

I don't know, but no matter what went on Zabriskie is really
establishing himself now. Vuelta, Giro and now TdF. Fantastic.

The big question is whether or not CSC will hold it through the TTT.