Old September 22nd 18, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Adjustable rubber rack straps, where to buy?

On Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 10:19:29 AM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:
Snipped
For some loads such as vegetables in a bag Arno straps aren't good
because they have no flex and would squish stuff. I'll use them for bus
rack strapping as you had suggested. And for very large loads like a box
to the Fedex depot.

What's complicated about the Dutch straps? Move the slider to adjust
tension to load size, hook in, done. I have used them for decades. Most
of the time the just sit strapped and flat. You can slide newspapers
underneath or books for a meeting without doing anything.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Gee I didn't know about Arno straps being no good for securing vegetables in a bag. I guess I'd better stop doing that huh? I mean, I've only been doing that for the past 40 odd years whenever I go go grocery shopping. That's not to mention all t he delicate stuff I've secured to my MTB off road touring bike when on a two week trip and used those very same Arno straps to secure the stuff. One thing about Arno straps is there's NO WORRY at all about some fiddly plastic thingie breaking at an inopportune time. Arno straps are probably the easiest strap to adjust too.

Use what you like but don't be surprised if all that stretching of the straps causes damage to your delicate items and or food during your rough rides..

Cheers