Old November 6th 18, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

Default relation between saddle height and horizontal position

On 06/11/2018 2:19 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
If you radically increase the height of the
saddle, does it typically make sense to move
the saddle a bit forward as well? This is my
intuition but I have been wrong before.

Ignoring the question of the bike's geometry, I'm not sure why you would
radically increase the saddle height so I'll assume that you're fitting
a bike for the first time so you'd want to fit the saddle position.

The saddle fore/aft has to do with your position over the pedals. You
would need to adjust that.

https://www.ilovebicycling.com/fore-...ddle-position/