Old May 14th 15, 11:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Oval Chain Ring: Recommendations?

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 6:06:38 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
On 5/14/2015 2:32 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Speaking as one with squaroid tendencies - who is going to get worse,
not better - I'm thinking about trying an oval ring.

Seemed like I liked them back in my BioPace StumpJumper days.

I'd think cruising speed would be mostly a wash, but low-RPM hills would
be smoother - especially out of the saddle.

Has anybody got something that they like and which they didn't pay an
arm and a leg for?

104 x 35

These are boutique items now and are not cheap.

See
http://www.ovalchainrings.com/contents/en-uk/p75_Ogival_chainrings_oval_chainrings_ovalchainrin gs_bernardhinault_road_tandwielen_48_34_tands.html

I presume you have to hand shift between the front chain rings unless
someone's invented a front derailleur that moves up and down as the
cranks rotate.

both CR's are matched ovoids together or

gnaw...chain would wait for a match or the carrier would need a nubbin forcing the match transfer....cut an equalizing groove....

butbubtu if ovoids worked then ovoids would be everywhere and .....not

if you search in google shopping there are a slew of ovoids on the market just not under the counter.