Old July 25th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mary

Default cracked rim

I went to the LBS today to have my rim trued and they found that the rim is
cracked by one of the spokes. The crack is about 1/8th of an inch long on
each side of the spoke. Needless to say I ordered a new rim. My question
is, is it ok to ride until my new rim comes in? I had hoped to do about 70
miles this weekend. We have had so much rain this summer. I hate to loose
a decent weather weekend of riding. The shop guy seemed to think it would
be ok as long as I took it easy bump wise.