Old September 21st 03, 12:17 AM
Marc

Default Bike shoes,cleats and traffic - advise please???

One Step Beyond wrote:
The cleats ? You get used to them and this is from someone that hurt his
knee ( 6 weeks of riding)on his first "round the block " ride .

On a similar note, do most cyclists plan there cycling runs to avoid certain
junctons becuase of this very issue?

No, I plan my cycling runs to avoid certain junctions because I get fed
up of being held up by cars!

Concentrate on the 99% of your ride ( Hrs ?) that you enjoy , not the
seconds that give you a problem You hold a car up for 3 seconds, who
cares , it's only 3 seconds less he has to wait at the next
junction/lights/pinch point/traffic turning right, it's less time than
the traffic flow would lose behind a lorry or bus, and they probably
notice it less than you do.